1. Fairly and lawfully processed
2. Processed for limited purposes
3. Adequate, relevant and not excessive
5. Not kept longer than necessary
6. Processed in accordance with the data subjects rights
7. Kept securely
8. Not transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area without adequate protection.
Success Appointments Plc is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Success Appointments Plc may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 21.06.10
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• contact information including email address, telephone number, postcode
• personal information such as salary and career history.
• other information relevant to your job search
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically email about new jobs, updates or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
From a security point of view, only Management should be permitted to add, amend or delete data from the database. However all staff are responsible for notifying those listed where information is known to be old, inaccurate or out of date. In addition all employees should ensure that adequate security measures are in place. For example:
• Computer screens should not be left open by individuals who have access to personal data
• Passwords should not be disclosed
• Email should be used with care
• Personnel files and other personal data should be stored in a place in which any unauthorised attempts to access them will be noticed. They should not be removed from their usual place of storage without good reason.
• Personnel files should always be locked away when not in use and when in use should not be left unattended
• Any breaches of security should be treated as a disciplinary issue.
• Care should be taken when sending personal data in internal or external mail
• Destroying or disposing of personal data counts as processing. Therefore care should be taken in the disposal of any personal data to ensure that it is appropriate. For example, it would have been more appropriate to shred sensitive data than merely to dispose of it in the dustbin.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for job seeking purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to Emma Tuddenham, Operations & Communications Director or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Emma Tuddenham, Operations & Communications Director, Success Appointments Plc, 23 Kingsway, London WC2B 6UJ
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Success Appointments Plc Complaints Policy and Procedure
Success Appointments Plc is committed to providing a high level service to our customers. If you do not receive satisfaction from us we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact Emma Tuddenham, Operations & Communications Director. You can write to her at: [email protected] or Success Appointments Plc, 23 Kingsway, London WC2B 6UJ
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within 2 days of us receiving your complaint.
2. We will record your complaint in our central register within a day of having received it.
3. We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps;
• We may ask the member of staff who dealt with you to reply to your complaint within 5 days of our request;
• We will then examine the member of staff’s reply and the information you have provided for us. If necessary we may ask you to speak to them. This will take up to 4 days from receiving their reply.
4. Emma Tuddenham will write to you to ask whether you would like to meet her or speak on the telephone to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. She will do this within 2 days of the end of our investigation.
5. Within 2 days of the meeting or discussion, Emma will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions she has agreed with you.
If you do not want a meeting or discussion or it is not possible, Emma will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include her suggestions for resolving the matter. She will do this within 5 days of completing her investigation.
6 At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you can write to another Director of the company who will review Emma’s decision within 10 days.
7. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact REC, the industry trade association, of which we are a member by writing to the Professional Standards Team, REC, 15 Welbeck Street, London W1G 9XT.
The time scales above, are maximum response times.
Success Appointments is the UK’s leading specialist retail recruitment consultancy and with over 25 years’ experience in the industry we know both what our clients and candidates want...success!
Registered Company Name: Success Appointments Limited | Company No. 2259796 | Registered Office: 5 Theobald Court, Theobald Street, Elstree WD6 4RN. VAT Reg No. GB 511 1048 11| Registered in England