GARMENT TECHNOLOGIST – Jerseywear – 3 month contract
London | Circa £200 per day depending on experience | Ref: RG-47950
We are seeking a Garment Technologist to join the team of this global retailer focusing on jerseywear. You will work with the buying team acting as a technical resource to ensure that the products comply with all legal, safety and company requirements and procedures. You will work across children’s, ladies, men, soft accessories.
- Provide the buying function with technical advice and guidance to ensure final product meets business quality standards.
- Analysis and audit suppliers performance and quality levels ensuring they meet company guidelines
- Build and maintain close working relationships with current and future suppliers to ensure they understand how the business works with products that meet our quality criteria and are efficient in cost.
- Drive improvements in quality of product through fit and construction.
- Investigate quality complaints, product incident reports and MOS (mark out of stock) levels making recommendations to management on corrective action required ensuring that expectations are exceeded.
- Develop product specifications with product management teams to meet critical path timescales.
You will have proven experience as a product technologist, preparing specifications and product technology across adults or children’s clothing and accessories preferably within jerserwear. Adequate level of industry experience in manufacturing and/or retail.